Our business analyst team set up a series of meetings with the Bank’s representatives to fully analyze the requirements. Due to the deep knowledge of the banking industry our experts and Bank’s representatives quickly developed the concept of the system for corporate client monitoring.
The software solution allows the Bank to:
- Avoid loan portfolio deterioration.
- Automate loan portfolio monitoring process.
- Generate reports on the current state of the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Automate the procedure of KRI signals processing.
- Improve the quality and speed of response to KRI signals at early stages.
- Analyze the Bank’s customers’ financial situation quickly and efficiently.
- Improve workload distribution among different Bank departments.
- Optimize the Bank’s specialists workload.
The Key Points of the Project
As a result of a series of strategy sessions with the Bank, our team selected a few areas to improve Bank’s activities in the field of bad debt processing and necessary software implementation.
The final list of the project milestones was agreed upon with our client. It included the following activities:
- Bank’s corporate client profile development.
- Key risk indicators profile implementation.
- Security notification profile development.
- Online and Offline monitoring systems implementation.
- Deployment of credit data analysis systems.
- Tunable reporting system development.
- Internal audit system implementation.
Flexible user role modeling deployment
Our team also implemented flexible setup of user role modeling. The Administrator account was created for:
- Making real-time changes of access rights.
- Setting up access to the system functions.
- Tuning up access to the accounts of the Bank’s clients, risk indicators, and tasks according to various criteria.
The issue of integration
The major problem was that the Bank had already been using several separate software solutions. But they were not integrated and worked independently. This caused the desynchronization of data exchange, requiring our IT specialists to adapt their approach to account for various modules and microservices based on different platforms.
- Integration with Windows Active Directory. Our technical team had to work on the Bank’s premises with their security and IT departments’ specialists. Together, we implemented changes and instantaneously checked their workability.
- Integration of the information security system notifications into the Bank’s external systems. Due to the lack of physical access to information security systems, our technical experts had to work with them remotely.
- Integration with Bank’s enterprise service bus (ESB). As the ESB itself and computer software in the Bank were not new and stable, our team had to adapt them to our modern tools and tune and streamline robust connections between them.
- Integration with notifications sending server. Bank’s computer software was not so advanced. That’s why our specialists had to manually rewrite our software’s program code to achieve successful integration with their systems.
Technologies and tools
- Mail client
- Serial Bus
- Programming language
- Messaging system
- Progress Corticon
- Spring Email
- Lotus Notes
- ArcSight посредством syslog
- Sonic ESB посредством протокола JMS
- Java 8
- Angular 8
- Oracle database
In the course of EWS development, we achieved the result that in 90% of cases EWS sends notifications in less than 3 seconds.
Our team successfully solved a few problems that the Bank’s management considered crucial:
- EWS integration with the current Bank systems and microservices via Enterprise Service Bus SonicESB using JMS-protocol.
- Implementation of automated Offline monitoring of customers’ data from internal databases.
- Implementation of Online monitoring of data input by Bank’s employees manually.
- Implementation of administrator accounts to ensure the set-up of the user interface (UI), role models, decision making, and data security event monitoring.
- EWS integration with the Bank’s electronic document security system.
- Flexible notification system implementation.
- Implementation of online information updates via WebSocket protocol.
- Implementation of a decision-making module for customers’ KRIs analysis and determination of their risk status on the basis of BRMS Corticon.