Top 10 No-Code & Low-Code App Development Platforms 2024
Computer software and mobile apps are traditionally associated with fancy coding, which entails years of professional studies and a mathematical mindset. Luckily, things are changing quickly. Today, you don’t need a large, expensive development team to create a piece of software or launch a business app.
The low-code and no-code app development solutions feature many pre-built templates and components that allow users to create custom apps without extensive coding knowledge. This simplicity and universal access to software possibilities have made the no-code and low-code platform market a fast-growing IT sector, with $3.47 billion in 2019 turning into $8+ billion in 2022. The sector is currently enjoying fast growth at a CAGR of 20%, so we’re likely to witness a $12.3 billion market size in 2024, with many promising prospects ahead.
So, what is no-code and low-code development, and how can you benefit from these solutions? Here is a quick review of the top 10 no-code platforms, hand-picked by the RNDpoint team, to simplify your software development operations in 2024.
Introduction to No-Code App Development
As their name suggests, no-code solutions 2024 allow users to create software without programming skills and knowledge. You may sign up for the no-code platform’s service and use its pre-built modules, features, and blocks to create your app. By means of drag-and-drop app building, you can generate an appealing and functional app in under one hour.
No-Code vs. Low-Code Development
No-code and low-code development frameworks are both gaining traction in the modern IT world, but they don’t mean the same thing.
- No-code platforms follow a fully codeless application logic, which means the user may have zero coding knowledge and still create a workable app. It’s done by using simple visual blocks in design and compiling them in a LEGO-like manner.
- Low-code platforms also provide pre-built features and modules, but to build an app, you will still need to write a bit of code. These pieces of code usually tie the blocks together in a unique way and ensure the app’s proper functioning. The good news is that even if you have no programming skills, you can still utilize low-code platforms’ functionality; just hire dedicated software development team and entrust them with the task.
Benefits of No-Code App Development
Whenever you opt for no-code mobile app development, you can count on the following advantages of this solution:
- Speed. No-code development is way faster than custom app development, helping you enjoy a competitive advantage in the market.
- Pricing. It’s much cheaper to build an app with low-code or no-code resources than to hire an entire team of professional programmers.
- Drag-and-drop building logic. This mode of code generation is simple for laypersons, visualizing the app’s logic in simple UI blocks and turning the app development process into a no-brainer.
- Full-cycle maintenance. Startup technical due diligence is usually very costly for small businesses. With a no-code development platform, you don’t need to take care of software maintenance, as this task is also handled by the vendor.
Features to Look for in a No-Code App Development Platform
As backendless development is gaining popularity, many no-code platforms are entering the market and competing for users. So, which provider is the best? We recommend paying attention to the following set of features.
- Range of customization options. Positive user experience depends on the degree of customization and personalization you can attain in your software. That’s what can be easily achieved with no-code platforms, as they usually feature plenty of attractive design options and modern, sleek UI elements.
- Scalability. The processes of workflow automation and data management can be arranged way simpler if your chosen no-code platform allows for scalability. Double-check whether it has a mighty server where users can purchase more speed, storage space, and capacity as they grow.
- Plenty of supported integrations. As a rule, a no-code platform features numerous third-party app integrations to simplify your work and make app creation and integration a breeze. Only such vendors can provide the full suite of third-party services with ready-made integration manuals.
- Cost. As you’re making a long-term commitment by choosing a no-code platform, you should check all pricing features and policies on the website. Even platforms with stellar features and performance may create a serious drain on your resources if the cost increases as you go.
Top 10 No-Code & Low-Code App Builders of 2024
We’ve scanned the market, and here are the top 10 picks we can confidently recommend to everyone considering no-code app development in 2024.
How We Evaluated App Builders
The rating was compiled by an expert team of RNDpoint’s experts who are directly engaged in everyday app development, evaluation, and testing. None of the app builders discussed below has paid us for a sponsored link or placement in this rating, so the list of top 10 no-code and low-code platforms is the outcome of our hard and objective labor.
ProcessMIX is a low-code software development platform for boosting and automating back-end development. It is suitable for many sectors, including banking and FinTech, used to automate business processes with RPA tools, build complex strategies and risk modeling, compliance applications, etc.
Features: A powerful low-code backend software with a wide set of features specifically tailored to banking and FinTech: data models, decision tables, scorecards, PMML, version control, debugging and testing.
- Availability of free trial
- AI/ML predictive models
- Rigorous code logic testing and debugging
- Version control
- Advanced security and customization
- Free trial with limited features only.
- A minimum of coding skill is required to set up the app logic.
Pricing: calculated individually, depending on the project’s complexity
What is it good for? ProcessMIX is ideal for creating digital wallet software solutions, NEObank software, credit scoring systems, and other banking/FinTech products.
This no-code builder embraces the complexities of spreadsheet logic and makes the process of custom software development a breeze.
Features: custom branding, third-party service integration, analytics, user feedback
- Very easy and user-friendly interface
- Affordable pricing
- Scalability and functionality of built apps
- Real-time app updates via web sockets
- Offline coding capabilities
- No App Store publishing feature
- Customization limits
- Mediocre security protection
- Over-reliance on Google Sheets
Pricing: Free plan is available; paid plans start at $25 per month
What is it good for? Glide can be a great companion in building job board apps, social networking tools, event apps, product catalogs, and educational applications.
Bubble.io makes the process of full-stack app design a no-brainer without coding skills, allowing quick and cost-effective MVP design for businesses. Coders with experience can also utilize Bubble’s functionality and create new plugins.
Features: no-code app builder, dashboard, CRM, social networking tools
- Mobile and web-responsive apps
- A large community of creators
- Robust support
- Diversity of customizable templates and UX/UI options
- Not suitable for complete newbies.
- No code export opportunity, resulting in vendor lock-in.
Pricing: The free plan allows testing the functionality of Bubble but doesn’t support a live app. Only Starter ($29/month) and Growth ($119/month) plans allow launching an app.
What is it good for? The solution can meet all no-code software design requirements and is well-matched to building, prototyping and deployment tasks.
Softr is a user-friendly, powerful, and feature-rich no-code website builder for users with no programming knowledge. It allows for building professional-looking business websites and integrates with Airtable data and Google Sheets.
Features: visual editor, numerous templates, functionality for mobile responsive web app design
- Plenty of templates
- Simple, user-friendly logic
- Unlimited free plan
- A lack of advanced features and logic
- Mobile app downloads are covered only by the Business plan ($269 per month).
- Limited support and technical documentation.
Pricing: There is a free plan with limited features. Paid plans start at $49/month.
What is it good for? The platform is ideal for total newbies and can be used to build any app with simple logic.
Thunkable is a platform on which users with no tech experience can build mobile-friendly native apps. It utilizes the block-based coding format and lets users compile a functional app from preconfigured blocks in a project-based program.
Features: Variety of pre-built components and UI variants, native mobile apps for Android and iOS, push notifications, maps, and social media sharing.
- Robust security
- Numerous features
- Development speed and ease
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Third-party integrations
- Limitations in customization
- Limited features of a free plan.
Pricing: A free plan is available; paid plans start at $13 per month.
What is it good for? The platform is optimal for building native mobile applications, ranging from e-commerce software to social networking and messaging apps and educational solutions.
Quickbase is a Boston-based business offering a platform with no-code and low-code features for dynamic collaboration and simplification of task and project management in large teams.
Features: Customizable admin and user roles, role-based home page options, third-party service synchronization, developer sandbox, custom branding, and corporate directory integration
- Very quick app design
- Straightforward app-building processes without guesswork or a steep learning curve
- Form-based interface
- Clear and detailed tutorials
- A wide variety of pre-built API integrations
- Outdated UI
- No native mobile app design functionality
- UI/UX improvements and updates are required
Pricing: The pricing plans start at $25 per user per month.
What is it good for? The platform meets the collaborative work and PM requirements. Its specialization is business app building for non-professionals.
XANO is a platform with low-code scalable back-end development features that allow a quick end-to-end design of web, mobile, and IoT apps.
Features: webhook API endpoints for databases, conversational AI service and CRM integrations, database management, authentication and authorization tools, serverless functionality
- Offers a RESTful API for data retrieval
- Suitable for MVP and enterprise-level app design
- Mobile-optimized functionality
- Fast prototyping
- Advanced analytics in real time
- No free trial plan
- No consulting or integration support
- Limited front-end design options
- Vendor lock-in (inability to export the app’s code from the platform)
Pricing: pay-as-you-go pricing model available on demand
What is it good for? XANO is ideal for creating and operating data-driven web applications with a robust set of back-end features.
Backendless represents a mBaasS platform with a full range of back-end functionality and a variety of valuable features, such as file storage, customization of business workflows and logic, as well as user authentication. It helps businesses build back-end for their apps quickly and efficiently, taking the server hassle out of the startup operations.
- Cost-effective pricing plans
- Real-time data synchronization
- Automatic backup and version control
- Advanced security
- Customization restrictions
- Vendor lock-in
- Reliance on third-party APIs in much of the platform’s functionality
- Extra fees for advances features and capacity
Pricing: free plan available; paid plans are calculated on demand
What is it good for? The platform is regarded as an optimal choice for building a startup MVP. It is also suitable for enterprise-level app design.
Airtable is an AI-powered low-code development platform that enables functional and robust app design within a record turnaround. Its core specialization is the creation and sharing of relational databases.
Features: advanced functionality of spreadsheet and database use, versatility and customization, calendar of project deliverables, collaborative tools, modular system of table design
- Wide range of project management-specific features
- Content pipelines and event planning
- User research functionality
- Kanban features
- Advanced spreadsheet and database customization options
- A limited number of formulas for actions in spreadsheets
- A more comprehensive tutorial on features is needed
Pricing: Free plan is available with limited functionality; paid plans start at $20/month.
What is it good for? The solution is ideal for collaborative PM projects and teamwork arrangements
#10 ServiceNow App Engine
The App Engine platform by ServiceNow offers a brand-new way of managing digital workflows. Business users with no programming expertise can build and launch custom apps on Google’s servers.
Features: platform documentation, active online communities, email notifications, role-based security, SSO
- A wide variety of tools for task management and coordination
- Effective arrangement of documentation
- Challenges with managing multiple projects’ data
- Tedious data migration for new users
- UI improvements are recommended
Pricing: n/a (available upon request)
What is it good for? This platform is highly recommended for workflow app design and collaborative project and task management goals.
Final Takeaway: It’s Never Been Easier to Start with No-Code Development
As you can see, serverless architecture, simplicity and speed of coding, and comprehensive vendor support rule the mobile app development market in 2024. That’s why we can confidently say that it’s high time to embrace the benefits of no-code development and expand your business outreach with appealing, functional, and robust software solutions. The RNDpoint team is ready to help you explore this niche by mitigating the limitations of no-code app design and getting the most out of this technology’s capacity.
Explore your business and technical capabilities with RNDpoint